Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Leopold premier roi des belges - medal?..What is this?..

Hello Dmitry..A friend of mine have a coin or medal ..think gold..what have on a side head of man what look in left side and a text :  LEOPOLD PREMIER  ROI DES BELGES....and a other side a text ACTES DE COURAGE ET DE DEVOUEMENT..He want sell..I want buy..but i search all internet and not find anything..and i will apreciate if u can tell me what is this and how much worth?..

Hi Tudor,
This Belgian medal was made in copper and also silver. This appears to be the silver one. The center part is the medal, and it is set into the outer ring. Originally it would have not had the outer part, and may have had a loop at the top for hanging. It also looks to have been gold plated, but the plating is wearing off. Value on the European retail market would be in the range of 150 Euros. Auction prices would be significantly lower.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).