Coin and Paper Money Collecting/rare marking on penny

Question
penny
penny  
I came across a 1995d penny with marking in front of face never seen before looks reAl is it worth anything???

Answer
Hi, Jessica I cant' see the marking clearly from the picture but it looks like something imprinted into the coin after it was struck.  This was done many times for novelty items: for example, with the state names, also with pictures of Kennedy or Lincoln, etc.  If that's what it is, it really doesn't have any particular additional value (to the one cent value of your item), Jim Lawniczak

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak