Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1943D copper penny

Question
Hello, my father has a 1943D copper penny that he found. I used a magnet and weighed it and everything looks legit. I am afraid to send this coin to be graded. Is there an alternate way to get this graded by a professional? How much would this penny be possibly worth?

Answer
Hello, Chris, please check the date carefully to see if it has been altered.  If not, you may want to show it to an expert or indeed send it in for grading, as these pieces, if legitimate, are worth many tens of thousands of dollars.  There aren't many of them, so that based on the number of these pieces available, it is unlikely that you have a legitimate one, but it is possible, Jim Lawniczak

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak