Coin and Paper Money Collecting/2$ bills bicentennial

Dela stamp
Dela stamp  
we have several sets of 2$ bills, all stamped over a US State stamp on April 13, 1976 all stamped in Dover Del.  all bills are numerical in thatxxxxxxxxxx101 is stamped with a Delaware stamp,  xxxxxxxxxxxx102 is stamped with a Pennsylvania stamp and the same for all 13 states.  thanks

You didn't say what you were interested in knowing about the $2 notes, but I'd guess it's how much are they worth. Many 1976 notes were specially marketed by various sources to make a profit. Any modification to the bill, i.e., a cancellation stamp or a postage stamp, removes that bill from it's original state. This limits the notes to a specialized group who collect them.  That being said, they currently sell on Ebay for about $6-$8 each, or about $100-$150 for the set to interested collectors. The sequential order of the notes may add an extra 25% to 50% to the value.

You may want to check Ebay from time to time to see if your pieces are listed, and what they are worth. See:

Always try and get at least two opinions and try and deal with PNG dealers if possible. If you should decide to sell your bills to a dealer, remember they will likely offer about 50% to 60% of the retail value. Here's a link to find one in your area:

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate my answers. This is the only way I know I'm providing you the correct answers to your questions. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.