Coin and Paper Money Collecting/2014 Quarter Error

Shenandoah 2014P Obv
Shenandoah 2014P Obv  

Shenandoah 2014P Rev
Shenandoah 2014P Rev  
I have a 2014 P Shenandoah Quarter that I just got from the bank in a regular roll of mixed quarters.  The obverse appears to have an interior circular mark, similar to what is usually on the reverse of an ATB quarter, but not as deep.  There is an actual indentation.  Without actually measuring, I'd say it goes about 300 degrees around the circle.  I am wondering whether this type of error has been seen elsewhere (since it is a relatively new coin), and if there may be any added value?  
(Photos attached)

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for the pictures.

The indentation on the Washington side of the coin was caused by a rolling/wrapping machine that was too tightly wound up, and ground that circle into the coin when it was making the rolled end of the tube.  This would have happened after it left the mint, so it's just considered damage to the coin.

Feel free to go ahead and spend it!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College