Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Eisenhower Dollar 1776-1976

I am trying to get some information on an Eisenhower Bicentennial Dollar that I bought out of my cash register.  I've compared the type 1 & 2 versions, in my very limited knowledge I am pretty sure I have a type 2 due to the thinner lettering and the curved tail of the R.  The thing that caught my attention is there is no mint mark on the coin.  I've done some reading and as far as I can tell this is pretty rare, or is it just wishful thinking on my part?  If you could let me know your thoughts I would appreciate it.

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking.  The Eisenhower Dollar was made at San Fran - "S" Mint - special collector coins only, Denver - "D" Mint, and Philadelphia - no mint mark.  You have the thick/thin lettering correct for v1 and v2 1976 coins.  Hope this helps, Thanks! Troy Thoreson  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Troy Thoreson

Please, no error coin questions unless your coin is dated 1955 or before. I can answer questions regarding all U.S. Coins, Gold & Silver bullion, including regular mint and proof issue coins and currency. Since 2009, I have been contributing to the Red Book, "A Guide Book of United States Coins", by R.S. Yeoman along with two other publications. I currently run two coin shops in California.

I have over 30 years experience in Numismatics. I own two coin shops and have examined thousands of coins over the years. Please allow up to 2 business days for an answer. This is a free service and I am happy to answer questions - but please be patient and understanding of my time.

My company is an authorized P.C.G.S. and N.G.C. dealer. I am a Life Member of the American Numismatic Association and California State Numismatic Association. We are also an authorized Whites Metal Detector dealership.

I have written articles for Coin World and the Rare Coin Market Report.

I have a certificate of completion from the American Numismatic Association on how to detect counterfeit U.S. Gold Coins and how to Grade U.S. Coins along with other certifications. I have a Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting and a minor in Computer Information Systems.

I am listed as a contributor to the Red Book, "A Guide Book of United States Coins", the Red Book, by R.S. Yeoman. I have been contributing to the Red Book since 2009. I also contribute to the Blue Book and the new Professional edition Red Book. I have many other awards and honors.

My past consulting clients included eBay, Inc., Yahoo! Auctions, and the United States Postal Service. I have many other great customers and help all no matter their level of collecting.