Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Odd Sacajawea dollar

Hello sir:

I have a Sacajawea dollar, gold in color, with no date on the usual location...There is no date around the edge either, which is entirely smooth. The scenario depicting a woman in a work field planting some corn on the back suggests it is from 2009, but there is absolutely no date on it. Is this a rare or valuable coin???

Thank you.

The date of the 2009 Sacagawea Dollar is incused along the rim.  With the date should be the mintmark and motto.

If the date is completely missing, and the coin was not tampered with (edge polishing), I would this that this would be quite collectibe as a mint error.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow