Coin and Paper Money Collecting/walking liberty eagle silver dollar

Hi, I have a waling liberty eagle silve dollar that has a tiny squiggly line under the T in the word liberty, it almost looks like a small metal shaving could have been stuck to the press?? is this common? I've taken several pictures and can't seem to get it to show up on a photo. Thanks

It's not common, but not incredibly rare.  It may also have been caused by a careless mint employee who scratched the die.
Either way, I would send it to NGC for certification.  There is probably some error collector who would want to own it.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow