Coin and Paper Money Collecting/walking liberty eagle silver dollar

Question
Hi, I have a waling liberty eagle silve dollar that has a tiny squiggly line under the T in the word liberty, it almost looks like a small metal shaving could have been stuck to the press?? is this common? I've taken several pictures and can't seem to get it to show up on a photo. Thanks

Answer
It's not common, but not incredibly rare.  It may also have been caused by a careless mint employee who scratched the die.
Either way, I would send it to NGC for certification.  There is probably some error collector who would want to own it.

Regards
Joe

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas