Coin and Paper Money Collecting/10 RUPEES of Ceylon Pick 36A

Question
Dear Sir,

I am a specialist collector of '10 RUPEES' of the world (Burma, Ceylon / Sri Lanka,East Africa (Mombasa), French India, Hyderabad, India (Mostly British India & Presidency Notes), Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Seychelles, Zanzibar)

Having visited your wonderful site, I was impressed by the lovely 10 Rupees Specimen note of KG VI Pick # 36a, which I love to have it in my collection someday.

Sir, my question is that how many sub-prefixes were printed of this Pick # 36a for use in Ceylon viz. J4 to Jxx .

Is it documented in any Catalogue or any Numismatic Journal how many were printed.

Kindly let me know. This will help me in my study and also help me understand how many existed.

Thanking You Sincerely,

Percy Siganporia
IBNS # 9792

Answer
The information you seek on Pick #36a is posted at
http://notes.lakdiva.org/ccgc/194xgvit/194x_gvi_10r.html

That numbering in Pick is poor since #36 is a Rs5 note

See also specimen
http://notes.lakdiva.org/ccgc/1941gvip/1941_gvi_10r.html
This a Pick 33, not as you said in your message

The website notes.lakdiva.org is work in progress.

Hope this helps.

best regards

Dr Kavan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga