Coin and Paper Money Collecting/10 RUPEES of Ceylon Pick 36A

Dear Sir,

I am a specialist collector of '10 RUPEES' of the world (Burma, Ceylon / Sri Lanka,East Africa (Mombasa), French India, Hyderabad, India (Mostly British India & Presidency Notes), Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Seychelles, Zanzibar)

Having visited your wonderful site, I was impressed by the lovely 10 Rupees Specimen note of KG VI Pick # 36a, which I love to have it in my collection someday.

Sir, my question is that how many sub-prefixes were printed of this Pick # 36a for use in Ceylon viz. J4 to Jxx .

Is it documented in any Catalogue or any Numismatic Journal how many were printed.

Kindly let me know. This will help me in my study and also help me understand how many existed.

Thanking You Sincerely,

Percy Siganporia
IBNS # 9792

The information you seek on Pick #36a is posted at

That numbering in Pick is poor since #36 is a Rs5 note

See also specimen
This a Pick 33, not as you said in your message

The website is work in progress.

Hope this helps.

best regards

Dr Kavan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga

I can only answer any question regarding Paper Money, coins and Tokens that circulated in Ceylon/Sri Lanka of any era which extends back to 300 BCE. I maintain website and which may help you identify your banknote or coin. If Country is any other or unknown, coin should have been found in Sri Lanka. Please Do not ask questions about any coins or currency of other countries including USA. Thank You.

I maintain since 1998 the largest website on Ceylon/Sri Lankan coins and Tokens with over 900 pages.

Former President Sri Lanka Numismatic Society founded in 1976

Sunday Times NewsPaper of Sri Lanka. See

BSc MS PhD in Physics/Astronomy Diploma in Museology

Contributor on Ceylon/Sri Lanka for Krause Standard Catalogs of World Coins and Paper Money.