Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1865 Schutzenfests Medal

Mr. Livshits, I had read on the internet that you believed only 10,000 of these coins were made and you explained the story of why they were created.  I have one including a letter from the lady who sent it many years ago.  I also read the how you pinpointed counterfiet and believe this coin is the real deal.  Please tell me what you think, what it may be worth, and who may want to purchase it as I am trying to help a friend get best value.  I would appreciate any and all of your opinion.  I have tried to upload the coin 3 times and for some reason this site is not allowing me so I will have someone help me after I hear again what you think it "might" be worth to the right buyer.

Hi Henry,
I can certainly assist you. If you are having trouble uploading pictures on this website, you can email me pictures of the coin directly at
Any answers I give you with regards to the information you are seeking, without seeing clear pictures of the coin, would be pure conjecture.

Thanks for the question

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).