Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1967 gold plated cenntenial mint set

Question
hi.... I read a old post 8/27/2010 about a guy who bought a gold plated 1967 set.the set is not in its original package but was indeed put out by the mint. I know because. I own a set in the same mint packaging as all other proof-like sets but it has gold plated coins not silver. I have been hunting for years about info on these, but to no avail

Answer
Hi David,
The question from 2010 that you reference, the person asking specifically stated in their question that the coins are not from a mint set. That does not apply to your coins.
The 1867-1967 commemorative set was issued by the Royal Canadian Mint in a gold plated version in addition to the normal silver set. The plated set was issued in lower numbers and has a  market value currently between $50 and $75, which double or more what the regular silver set sells for.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits