Coin and Paper Money Collecting/2004 D Texas Quarter

2004 D Texas quarter
2004 D Texas quarter  

2004 D Texas quarter
2004 D Texas quarter  
I found a 2004 D Texas Quarter but it appears to be solid copper. It does not have any silver coating on it at all. What would the value of this coin be? Thank you In advance

Sorry, but to me it just looks like it's been exposed to something to make it change to that color.

The first thing you need to do is find a gram scale and weigh it.  If it doesn't weigh significantly less than 5.7 grams, then you don't have the mint error.

If it is the missing clad error, and you pay the $35 to $50 to get it certified & encapsulated, then you might be able to get about $100 for it.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College