Coin and Paper Money Collecting/(3) 1 dollar denomination bills miscut

3 miscut dollar bills
3 miscut dollar bills  
another image
another image  
QUESTION: Good afternoon, I received these 3 bills at my restaurant a while back and i was wondering where could I take these to be looked at or how much are these worth???  the bottom two fit perfectly as if they came from the same sheet.  Any information would be helpful!!! thanks, Linda
p.s. i have 3 more pictures of the bills individually but it would only let me upload 2 :(

sheet of bills
sheet of bills  
ANSWER: Linda:

There is a strong possibility they are NOT errors. You don't say what the reverse of the notes look like. Are they cut in the same manner where the similar reverse printing is also missing? I'll say yes. If so, this means someone likely took a part or full sheet of bills from a collection and cut them apart to spend them. They would have been worth more uncut. Now they are only worth a dollar.

The Bureau of Printing and Engraving sells full sheets and partial sheets of currency at a premium. They are also offered on auction sites like Ebay from time to time.

If the notes you have are perfect on the back, then they are likely errors. Ask a follow up question and attach a photo of the group like before, but with the reverses of the notes showing. I'll revise my answer as required.

miscut dollar bills
miscut dollar bills  
QUESTION: this is the other side to the bills, thanks linda

Thanks. That confirms it. You were right. They were hand cut by someone after they left the official print area. Most likely they were at least a four pair partial sheet, maybe more. Sheets were offered as full 32 bill  sheets, and some half sheets. Collectors sometimes cut them and offered quarter sheets or four of a kind on Ebay. I feel they are only worth a dollar. Good luck in your collecting.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.