Coin and Paper Money Collecting/coin values

i have 3 coins i need some info on please, first i have a 1984 1000 peso coin its looks gold but unsure, its in very very fine condition up to about uncirculated but has been in circulation but is very fine, please tell what its worth and if it is gold. Also i have a large cent 1848 and a large cent 1849 both are in very fine condition no real wear can you tell me the value of these coins as well can not remember what mint mark they are locked in my safe deposit so i would have to retrive them. thank you for any help you can provide

The peso coin is probably from Mexico.  It is probably brass.  Pesos are exchanged at approximately 13 peso = $1
But I think it may be too old to exchange.  There is no collector value.

The large cents are common and sell for $10 on ebay.

Joe Hylas
Omega P.M.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow