Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Korean Paper Money, 1954

Hello Mr. McConaghy,
My father served in Korea and I recently found two 100 HWAN bills in an old box of pictures, etc.
These bills are in PRISTINE, brand new, crisp condition, except for some writing (in ink) that my father inscribed.

My two questions are:
1. How much are these worth?
2. How much did the writing devalue them?

I will be happy to send pictures to you.
Thank you for your time and expertise. I welcome your reply.
Have a nice day!

Hello Dana,

For sure these notes are worth more to you since they have your Dad's inscriptions on them. They should still be convertible to US funds, the rate for a 100 Hwan/Won note would be ten cents US.

Really good looking examples of these can sell for $2 to $4 each on eBay but the fees and the shipping charges reduce most of the sales dollars. The writing on them would take the value down close to zero.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics