Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Korean Paper Money, 1954

Question
Hello Mr. McConaghy,
My father served in Korea and I recently found two 100 HWAN bills in an old box of pictures, etc.
These bills are in PRISTINE, brand new, crisp condition, except for some writing (in ink) that my father inscribed.

My two questions are:
1. How much are these worth?
2. How much did the writing devalue them?

I will be happy to send pictures to you.
Thank you for your time and expertise. I welcome your reply.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely,
Dana

Answer
Hello Dana,

For sure these notes are worth more to you since they have your Dad's inscriptions on them. They should still be convertible to US funds, the rate for a 100 Hwan/Won note would be ten cents US.

Really good looking examples of these can sell for $2 to $4 each on eBay but the fees and the shipping charges reduce most of the sales dollars. The writing on them would take the value down close to zero.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy