Coin and Paper Money Collecting/liberty twenty dollar mcmv11

QUESTION: I have a liberty twenty dollar mcmv11 I would like to knoe if it is worth any thing

ANSWER: Hi Marilyn,

Assuming what you have matches the coin pictured here :

Unless it is a high grade uncirculated coin, and also that it is genuine, it's value will be a little over the value of the gold it contains (slightly under an ounce), currently about $1300

If it can be certified as a grade MS-63 or higher, it will be worth more.

I hope this helps,

QUESTION: how can i tell if its genuine and if it is  how do i get it certfied how much more would it be worth and thank you for your help

You need to closely compare it to the pictures on the page here :

Make sure the picture matches and the diameter and weight are the same.  Then you can take it to a jewelry or coin shop to have it tested for gold content.

If you take it to a coin shop, you can ask them if they think it will grade at least MS-63 grade -- if so, you can move on to getting it submitted (it will cost you about $100) -- if not, its value will be whatever the current spot price for an ounce of gold is.

It's impossible to say how much it will be worth until an exact numeric grade has been determined for it.

Certification company websites :

Good luck!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College