Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Mis struck US dime

Question
My mother in law left us a coin that appears to be a mis struck dime. I'll try to describe it as best I can. The tail side is a perfect dime strike. Centered and no other marks I can see. The heads side is missing the president's profile. It just gone. I can see something that looks like a smoothed out head, but it has depth. Where the head would be it looks a bit deeper like another dime was mashed into this dime. Just wondering what the worth might be. Thanks in advance for your help.

Answer
It sounds like a capped strike, where this coin got stuck in the press and another blank got injected, then they both got struck together again.

This could be worth about $100, but you need to have it looked at and verified by an error expert.

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore