Coin and Paper Money Collecting/old coin

Year 1827 georgius iv penny it I think of great britain or england.georgius iv on one side other side one sitting shield to the side,flower or something like it at the bottom under it.hold something like spear or so in one hand.all I know is its old and rare.and think it was made for australia.Wat is it worth and were can I sell it?

From what I can determine, the coin is from Great Britain.
Catalog value for this coin is $250 in Fine condition, but that does mean you can sell it for that.
Look on eBay for one of them to get an idea of what they are actually changing hands for.

Good Luck!

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow