Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Presidential coins never circulated

I have 12 packs of "gold" never circulated coins in sealed plastic tubes.  Presidents - George Washington, John Quincy Adams, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson.  What is the value of these? Or how do I establish the value? Thanks very much.

Hi Donna,

Those coins did not come from the mint that way.  Some company assembled those "sealed" tubes and sold them at (I'm sure) inflated prices.  Unfortunately, there were many millions of coins minted for each of these Presidents, so there is no real rarity to them.

Valuewise, if you can get a dollar or two over the total face value of each tube, you should probably take it.  The hard part will be finding someone to pay you over face value for them -- the vast majority of people who would be interested in these older presidents, have already bought them years ago.

Wish I had better news for you,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College