Coin and Paper Money Collecting/I think I found a 2008 penny with discrepancies

Is it possible for a 2008 penny to have what appears to be a small thin 0 in the second 0 of 2008, also I see what appears to be small o in front of face and behind head. There is initials vdb on sleeve where arm is cut off.

The second 0 could be the result of a double dye at the Mint.  I'd need to see a picture.  As far as I'm aware, the letters VDB only appeared on pennies from 1909.  I have just verified this on several coin value sites, as well as Wikipedia.

If you are able to send an attachment, that would be very beneficial in possibly helping you further.

Hope this helps.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Marc Eichler

I can answer anything relating to modern US coins and paper currency and collecting it. I can also answer some questions about Israeli currency. Please do not ask me about ancient currencies, as this is outside my area of expertise.

I have been an avid collector for many years, and while I specialize in US coinage, right now I am also focusing on silver bouillon. Silver is actually a better investment than gold, which is something a lot of people do not know!

Civil Air Patrol

Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University, 2009.

General BIlly Mitchell Award - #48332