Coin and Paper Money Collecting/I think I found a 2008 penny with discrepancies

Question
Is it possible for a 2008 penny to have what appears to be a small thin 0 in the second 0 of 2008, also I see what appears to be small o in front of face and behind head. There is initials vdb on sleeve where arm is cut off.

Answer
The second 0 could be the result of a double dye at the Mint.  I'd need to see a picture.  As far as I'm aware, the letters VDB only appeared on pennies from 1909.  I have just verified this on several coin value sites, as well as Wikipedia.

If you are able to send an attachment, that would be very beneficial in possibly helping you further.

Hope this helps.

Marc

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Marc Eichler