Coin and Paper Money Collecting/

The back
The back  

The front
The front  
I found a penny that looks as though it is a misprint. It doesn't have the Lincoln head or a date on it. It feels lighter than an ordinary penny though.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the pictures.

It looks like you may have an error known as a brockage -- caused when an already minted coin fails to be ejected from the press and transfers its design onto the next coin to be struck, resulting in a mirror image of its design on the other coin -- this second coin appears to be what you have.

See :

A similar coin recently sold on eBay for $90 :

You would likely get more money for it, and be able to sell it more easily if you get it certified.  Check out the following websites for information on how to get it certified :

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College