Coin and Paper Money Collecting/World war 2 German coin/token?

Question
German
German  
Four
Four  
QUESTION: I received this coin/token a few years ago bit have been unable to identity it or know what it actually is. I have translated it a bit and have found something maybe given out for military service? I'm not sure if it's actual currency or a token.

ANSWER: Hello Frank,

I would need a better set of photos - I can not read the words above the eagle. Please send me the text or a better set of photos.

closer front picture
closer front picture  
QUESTION: Here is a closer picture of the front. I believe it reads: "Trene Dienste in der Whermacht"

Answer
Hello Frank,

Thanks for sending the wording.

This is a WWII Medal - The number on the back indicates the years of service. The medal was from the unified military known as the Whermacht so we don't know if the recipient was in the navy, army or air force of Germany. This medal was typically given to those who served in combat. Typically there would be a ribbon attached to you might see some evidence of a loop at the top on the edge. It was probably filed down.

As a medal it would be worth $30 to $40 - in the condition that you have it you should expect $10 to $20.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy