Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1955 10Rappen Swiss coin

Question
1955 10 Rappen CH
1955 10 Rappen CH  
Why does this coin have "0x" embossed across the face of the coin?

Answer
Hi Melissa,

First thing that crossed my mind is that someone cut 'hugs and kisses' on it.
It is not a odd thing to find mutilated coins in circulation and you can find even those with mint errors that are actually much more valuable than just face value.

Very interesting find and good observation. I believe some kids were playing with this coin and luckily with common and not valuable one as many very rare coins very destroyed with cut marks, graffiti and other engravings. Also many coins were destroyed when they were making 'love tokens' bending them into 'S' shape.

Unfortunately I don't have no other idea about this cut marks but still I am thankful for showing it to us.

Wish you luck, kind regards and happy 2015

Lazar Trivunović

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Lazar Trivunovic