Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1971 longmont centennial coin

1971 longmont coin
1971 longmont coin  
I was just hoping to know anything about this coin. I have never seen one. If there is any way you can please tell me its worth and such. There is no age on it I can tell.  It is in very wonderful condition. It has been in a velvet box. Never taken out I was told. Thank you for your time.

Hi Natahsia,

Thank you for the picture.

This copper/nickel medal was made in 1971 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the city of Longmont, Colorado.

I found another one that sold on eBay for $6.95 :

Collector interest would be limited for this medal.  In the original box you might get $10 for it.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College