Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coins swap

Dear sir,
As a numismatic society, can we get any support from our new government to spread this good hobby to school children’s?
Also as collectors we are facing huge difficulties to swap our coins with other countries. Postal department not allow us to send coins over post. numismatic  society can  get any permission to send them over post? Because numismatic is one of the most Popular hobby over world collectors.

Very good Suggestion.  However someone needs to work on it and show leadership
to make it happen.

As a member of Sri Lanka Numismatic Society, you can get all the support that
SLNS can give. But unless someone works to make it happen, it wont.

In this case you need permission and work with the bureaucracy of the Central Bank,
Customs, and the Postal Dept.

With best regards

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga

I can only answer any question regarding Paper Money, coins and Tokens that circulated in Ceylon/Sri Lanka of any era which extends back to 300 BCE. I maintain website which may help you identify your coin. If Country is any other or unknown, coin should have been found in Sri Lanka. Please Do not ask questions about any coins or currency of other countries including USA. Thank You.

I maintain since 1998 the largest website on Ceylon/Sri Lankan coins and Tokens with over 600 pages.

President Sri Lanka Numismatic Society founded in 1976

Sunday Times NewsPaper of Sri Lanka. See

BSc MS PhD in Physics/Astronomy Diploma in Museology

Contributor on Ceylon/Sri Lanka for Krause Standard Catalogs of World Coins and Paper Money.