Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Five Francs item

Question
FIVE FRANCS ITEM
FIVE FRANCS ITEM  

Five francs item
Five francs item  
I found a coin I think and I've tried to google it, but I cannot find any information about it. It is gold in colour and about 6mm in diameter with a readed edge. At the frontside of the coin there's a man facing left with the text Leopold Premier--Roi des Belges. I looked at a picture of Leopold the 1:st and it seems to be him and on the reverse is a shield with the words Lunion Fait La Force

Answer
Hi John,
It is a dateless novelty version of what would have been a large silver 5 Francs from Belgium. Here is an example of what the original coin looks like: http://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=belgian5francs.html

Sometimes these little copies are made of solid gold, a jeweler can determine if that is the case with your piece. If so it will be worth gold melt value in general and maybe 25% above melt value to a specialized collector.

Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits