Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Old Coin

Question
side 1
side 1  

Side 2
Side 2  
My dad told me a story last night as a boy 4 yrs old while his father was digging to plant trees on Canvey Island in England 1934 my dad found a coin. He had thought it was a Venetian coin. The waterway was an ancient trade route.

Answer
Hello,
It's certainly not a Venetian coin but an Ottoman copper coin, from the first half of the 19th century (around 1820 AD). Please allow me some extra time to identify it properly, as these are rather not my area of expertise so I have to check some books. I'll get back with a more elaborate reply in a couple of days.
Regards!

Follow up: hello Randy! This copper coin is dated according to the Islamic calendar (A.H. - Anno Hegirae). On Side 2 (in the middle) you can see the date 1312 (written with Eastern Arabic numerals https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Arabic_numerals ) and above at 12 o'clock there is 12 - meaning the coin was struck in the 12th Regnal Year since the year 1312 AH when that particular Ottoman Sultan acceded to the throne. Converted in Christian date, 1312 AH is roughly 1894, plus 12 makes the year ~1906. So the coin was struck during the reign of the Ottoman sultan Abdul Hamid II (1293-1327 AH/1876-1909 AD). On obverse (Side 1) in the center there is the tughra (signature in a special calligraphic shape) of this sultan, every sultan had his own tughra different from all the other sultans.

For the time being I'm not able to narrow down even more this coin, I need to do more research. But I can tell you that even if it's an early 20th century coin it is not struck with modern machines but with an older system, pretty much medieval or early modern, so it could came from a minor mint, possibly in N Africa or the Middle East. Please have some more patience!
Best regards!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Bogdan C.