Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Venezuela Commemorative Coins

Hi - I inherited a set of 18 coins if the Indian Chiefs of Venezuela that was given to my father when he worked in Venezuela for Chrysler for a few years.  I have attached pics.  They are marked Plata 100.  I have a "biography" of each of the chiefs.  I know they aren't negotiable, but I would like to sell them to someone who would appreciate them!

Hi Janet,
These are examples of a privately made series released by a Venezuelan bank as promotional items. They made both silver and gold versions in various sizes. Generally they bring around 25% above bullion value when sold as a set.
Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).