Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1960d penny

1960d front
1960d front  

1960d back
1960d back  
Can you tell what happened to this penny, and is it worth anything.the front is damaged but it's the back I'd like to know about. If you look to the right of the building and under the words one cent you can see images of the front side of a penny, I think.

Hi Stan,

Thank you for the pictures.

What happened is that somebody with too much time on their hands either stuck 2 pennies into a press, or (more likely) hit them with a sledge hammer.  This is why one side is damaged and the other has transferrred images from the other penny.

Considered damaged, it has no collector value.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College