Coin and Paper Money Collecting/fat quarter

I have a 1970 fat quarter. It has a bulge on both the front and back. How much would it be worth?

Hi Teri,
What you have is a quarter that is most likely delaminating.  There is the center copper core and the nickel outsides, think of a sandwich.
Sometimes they come apart for various reasons.
They are fun and collectible.  I suspect that current market right now is in the $15-25 range.
Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow