Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Need Address of coin shop in colombo

Sir, i Need addresses of coin dealers in Colombo as will be visiting srilanka in 1st week of November want to buy some coins of recent times. your guidance will be a great help.
Hemang Shah

Many of the Antique Shops down Chatham Street in Colombo Fort will have coins for
Sale. There is another shop in Nugegoda but that is open only on Fri-Sat-Sun
Then there are some dealers who operate without a shop front.

The Central Bank of Sri Lanka has a coin and currency museum on Chatham Street near
LightHouse clock Tower,and they also sell modern commemorative coins.

If you let me know what you are looking for I maybe able to help.

Give me a call at 0717072020 when you are in Colombo if you need to speak to me
for more details.

Best regards

Dr Kavan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga

I can only answer any question regarding Paper Money, coins and Tokens that circulated in Ceylon/Sri Lanka of any era which extends back to 300 BCE. I maintain website which may help you identify your coin. If Country is any other or unknown, coin should have been found in Sri Lanka. Please Do not ask questions about any coins or currency of other countries including USA. Thank You.

I maintain since 1998 the largest website on Ceylon/Sri Lankan coins and Tokens with over 600 pages.

President Sri Lanka Numismatic Society founded in 1976

Sunday Times NewsPaper of Sri Lanka. See

BSc MS PhD in Physics/Astronomy Diploma in Museology

Contributor on Ceylon/Sri Lanka for Krause Standard Catalogs of World Coins and Paper Money.