Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Possible French coin from 1600s

Question
Obverse
Obverse  

Reverse
Reverse  
I have a coin that appears to be from France. The date looks to be 168?, I cannot make out the last number. On the obverse it shows who I think is King Louis XIV since he would have been King in the 1680s. It also has the words LVDOVICVS MAGNVS REX, (I have no idea what it means). On the reverse it shows a person pointing down at two small people who appear to be working. The words are harder to see on the reverse. What I can make out is CESSAT LVSTRARE and over the date EDIFREGIS. I'm not entirely sure if those letters are correct, since the words are pretty worn. If you could give me any information on this coin then that would be great. Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Answer
This is a jeton, a privately made token. These were popular throughout France and other parts of Europe from the 15th to 18th centuries. There is a wide variety of designs of jetons done in copper, brass and silver. Unfortunately due to the poor condition of your piece, the value is going to be minimal.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits