Coin and Paper Money Collecting/sacagewea coins

I have 2 Sacagewea coins that do not have dates or mint marks on them. On the back of one is the wampum belt of the Iroquois Nation and the word Haudenosaunee. The wampum is draped over 5 arrows. the 2nd coin on the back has 2 hand holding a peace treaty and says Wampangag Treaty 1621. Are they of much value? These coins are in very good condition.

Hi Fred,

Just like the Presidential Dollars, these Native American coins have the date & mintmark on the edge of the coin.

See :

and :$1coin/?action=$1coinFlash

If your coins do not have the lettered edge, then you have a rare and valuable mint error.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College