Coin and Paper Money Collecting/half printed dollar

back of bill
back of bill  

front of bill
front of bill  
my mom has this dollar that she has had a very long time now she would like to find out more about and see if it is worth anything because a friend of hers keeps trying to buy it from her, what would be a fair price.

Hi Debbie,
Actually, it isn't half printed.  The "final" printing in the process is adding the letter on the left that denotes the federal reserve bank wi the serial number as well as the serial number on the right.  This is the 3rd set p in the process.
Your Mom's note has that printing but in the back.

It is an interesting error.  As for value, that's tough to say.  We can see it was folded, but can not see if there is other damage eg. Ink, pencil, pinholes, tears etc.
Just for fun, I would pay $125 for it if you want to sell.
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow