Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Suisse franc

I have come across,if I am correct, what appears to be a 1944 Suisse franc.  I am assuming that what is depicted on the front is a lady dressed in a toga holding a spear or staff in one of her hands a shield with cross in the other (at her foot).  The name Helvetia is underneath her feet.  She is surrounded by 22 stars.  On the reverse side is a wreath around the border with the numeral 1, the contraction Fr and the date of 1944 in the center.  The outside edge of the coin is serrated.  What other information might you tell me about this coin?

It is indeed a silver Swiss franc. The year 1944 is one of the more common dates with a mintage of over 6 million pieces. This design is one of the longest running series in numismatic history, having been used from 1875 to the present unchanged.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).