Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Valuation of Y2K Commemorative Set

y2k set photo 1
y2k set photo 1  

y2k set photo 2
y2k set photo 2  
Inquiring about the approximate value of this item.  Purchased as we were entering the Y2K phenomenon and that was the commemoration of this set. Could sede a photo of the cherry lined box that the set came in but could only send 2 photos.  Supposedly gold leaf on coins and silver certificate.  I (stupidly) lost the certificate that came with it.  Am going to sell it but don't want to give it away.  Thanks very much in advance and I always leave feedback.....

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the pictures.

Unfortunately, this was just a gimmick by National Collectors Mint, or whatever company made yours, to sell low value items in a fancy box for way too much money.

That certificate is virtually worthless -- just a couple cents worth of gold foil embossed on a piece of cardboard.  A recent eBay sale went for 99 cents :

As for the silver eagles, they are still an ounce of silver each.  You might get about $20 apiece for them -- maybe.  There are lots of them out there and they tend to just get tossed into dealers' bins of silver rounds.

Altogether, with everything in the fancy box, if you get an offer of $50, you should probably take it.

Wish I had better news for you,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College