Coin and Paper Money Collecting/value of coin collection

my dad gave me a coin collection. it is from world-wide coin saver club. it contains at least a hundred little sealed packages of coins from all over the world, some that are open are dated in the 1940 and 1950 era. it also has a world coin album to put coins in. just wondering of the value of all these coins.

Hi Greg,

Without seeing all the actual coins you have, I cannot give you a precise value for your collection.

However, I would have to say that it's very likely that the coins will have only a nominal value.  That coin saver club sounds like another one of those gimmicks to sell low value coins in fancy packages.

Generally speaking, most world coins from the 1940's or 1950's or newer are considered common and can be found in dealers' 5 for a dollar bin, or are sold in quantitues by the pound.  There are exceptions, of course, that can be valuable.

Best thing you could do would be to try to enjoy the variety of the different designs of the world coins, find some that you would like more of, and pursue those.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College