Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1951-d lincoln wheat cent

I have a 1951-d cent that appears to have multiple errors.
E pluribus unum is written on both sides of the coin. The coin is warped.The rim and edge of the coin are abnormal. Also, lincoln's face has a skeletal appearance, and there is lettering on his head. I sure would appreciate any info or input you could give me  on this coin. thank You, Sue

Hi Susan,

Without seeing it, and by your description, I would have to say your coin sustained damage at some point after it left the mint -- like somebody used a press to squish a couple pennies together, to transfer images from one coin to the other, and what you have is one of those squished pennies.

As such, it has no collector value.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College