Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Information on oktobrfest 1810 -1910 coin

Hi Dmitry, I was looking up my coin online and I have had very little luck.  I found an old post dated 12/28/2009, but I could not find your response.
 What I have is a coin or token and on the front are the words  PRINZESS THERESE KRONPRINZ LUDWIG 1810 and on back side is JUMILAUMS  OKTOBRFEST ZIMMERSTUTZEN  1910 and on the edge is the words  RITZER HEINLOTH 990
 Could you please help me learn more about this coin ,it would seem to be rare since its so hard to find online.
 Thank you for your time and happy holidays.
 Sincerely, Alan

Hi Alan,
The medal commemorates the 100th anniversary of the marriage between Prince Ludwig of Bavaria and Princess Therese of Saxony. The festivities associated with this wedding are also the origin of the yearly Oktoberfest which has carried on to the present.
"RITZER HEINLOTH 990" is the engraver and the silver purity. The version of this medal I am familiar with is a mid-size piece weighing 15 grams. It's worth around $50 retail. As far as rarity, while medals such as these are not common, the market for them is much more limited than it would be for a coin with a similar population.
Thanks for the question.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).