Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1942 wheat penny

Question
I have a 1942 wheat penny that appears to be miss struck.  The print on both sides of the coin are off center.  I can sent pics if you like.  I've been trying to find information, but I'm coming up empty.  Any ideas?

Answer
Wendi:

Sounds like an off center strike. These happen from time to time when a planchet fails to enter the die chamber properly and the retaining collar doesn't keep it in place as it is struck. The planchet only receives the design from that part under the dies. The value is dependent of date, mintmark, percent off center, strike and or course, overall condition of the coin. Coins from the 1940's are more scarce than modern day coins, so if you do have a n off center the retail value is likely in the $25 to $75 range. The highest value would be for one with a full date about 50% off center in uncirculated condition.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern