Coin and Paper Money Collecting/2012 silver proof set

Question
Why is the 2012 silver proof set worth more than all but one of the other sets? Sorry but i couldn't fix my print size.

Answer
Hi William,

It's simply supply & demand.

When the sets came out, they made a much lower number of them, and they sold out very quickly.  This left a lot of people without the sets they usually bought.  So, still wanting the sets, that drove the price of the available sets way up, as the buyers fought over the limited available sets.

As with most mint products, the price of these sets will eventually come down, as the demand for them diminishes -- take the 1999 silver set for example, it used to be well over $300, and now you can get them for less than $100.

I hope this helps,

Dan  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore