Coin and Paper Money Collecting/double die?

Question
back end
back end  

heads up
heads up  
This is a 1992-D US Lincoln Penny, could you please look at this for me and some how educate me if this is an error,  In the Letting i been seeing this mainly in pennies from the 70's I  thank you for taking your time and looking

Answer
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your pictures.

It looks to me like the coin "chattered" (vibrated) while being stamped, causing that doubled image.

This would be considered a more common stamping error, as opposed to a more valuable doubled die error, where the error occured in making the die that stamps the coins, so that there are numerous coins with the identical error.

If you can find an interested buyer, you may be able to get a dollar or two for it.

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore