Coin and Paper Money Collecting/German Empire Silver Coin

I have a German Empire (Saxony?) large silver coin dated 1895 E. It is an (5?)FUNF MARK coin and in VF condition. Info from the public library tells me its KM#1246 but says similar to KM# 1256 (no info found).The edging is plain but has letters & markings as follows: UNS xxx GOTT xxx MIT. What's this mean ?
Additional info: E - Mint, Muldenhutten (Germany). Ruler on face of coin, ALBERT KOENIG VON SACHSEN (King of Saxony). On reverse of coin, lettering DEUTSCHES REICH 1895 FUNF MARK is wrapped around a bird like figure that indicates the German Empire.
Could you please help with the proper identification, its retail market value & sell-able est. value. Thank You, Frank

Hi Frank,
You got the correct attribution. This is one of the lower mintage dates for this series, with 89,000 made that year. A problem-free VF is worth around $70-$75, but the prices jump significantly when you get to XF or higher grades. This is generally true for the majority of non-commemorative German States silver and gold, as many types were made in low numbers and circulated heavily thus having condition rarity.
The edge lettering is a popular German military slogan which translates to "God with us".
Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).