Coin and Paper Money Collecting/old half dollars

front and rear photos
front and rear photos  
Value of 1964 silver Kennedy  NOT Packaged but kept in soft case for 20 years  
1949 Franklin kept in  same case  edges are slightly worn BUT all lettering is strong /Users/richardstone/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2015/02/08/20150208-161927/jBGw5fgVQSK8sm86LaksOg/IMG_0616.jpg/Users/richardstone/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2015/02/08/20150208-161927/eDm40n88QHOt1x1HMBC3dA/IMG_0607.jpg

Hi Richard, We see these types of coins many times in a month.  Today, we are buying for $6 each and selling for $7.5 for typical circulated (1949/1964) examples.  The margins narrow as people sometimes come in with bags of $1,000 face or 2,000 half dollars.   1964 Half Dollar typically come nice.  Uncirculated examples can trade higher.  Thanks for the question.  Troy

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Troy Thoreson

Please, no error coin questions unless your coin is dated 1955 or before. I can answer questions regarding all U.S. Coins, Gold & Silver bullion, including regular mint and proof issue coins and currency. Since 2009, I have been contributing to the Red Book, "A Guide Book of United States Coins", by R.S. Yeoman along with two other publications. I currently run two coin shops in California.

I have over 30 years experience in Numismatics. I own two coin shops and have examined thousands of coins over the years. Please allow up to 2 business days for an answer. This is a free service and I am happy to answer questions - but please be patient and understanding of my time.

My company is an authorized P.C.G.S. and N.G.C. dealer. I am a Life Member of the American Numismatic Association and California State Numismatic Association. We are also an authorized Whites Metal Detector dealership.

I have written articles for Coin World and the Rare Coin Market Report.

I have a certificate of completion from the American Numismatic Association on how to detect counterfeit U.S. Gold Coins and how to Grade U.S. Coins along with other certifications. I have a Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting and a minor in Computer Information Systems.

I am listed as a contributor to the Red Book, "A Guide Book of United States Coins", the Red Book, by R.S. Yeoman. I have been contributing to the Red Book since 2009. I also contribute to the Blue Book and the new Professional edition Red Book. I have many other awards and honors.

My past consulting clients included eBay, Inc., Yahoo! Auctions, and the United States Postal Service. I have many other great customers and help all no matter their level of collecting.