Coin and Paper Money Collecting/persian gold coin

persian coin
persian coin  

persian coin
persian coin  

I believe this coin is a 5 pahlavi gold persian coin, could you please tell me if this is correct along with a date and any other information you may have. If you can also tell me a rough value of the coin it would be much appreciated

Thank you

The Iranian 5 Pahlavi gold coin was minted from 1960 to 1979 and should weigh 40.69 grams. The date on yours looks like 1969 but I can not see it well in your photo. Since it has been in jewelry there will be some damage from the clips holding it in place. The gold value of this coin today would be $1445. All of the ones made from 1960 to 1979 are worth the gold value except for the 1963 but I can tell that you do not have the 1963.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics