Coin and Paper Money Collecting/persian gold coin

Question
persian coin
persian coin  

persian coin
persian coin  
Hi

I don't know if you know much about this type of coin but I believe it is a 5 pahlavi persian gold coin and I was wondering if this is correct, also any other information you may be able to give me like a date and estimated value would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Answer
It's not a 5 pahlavi, as they were not made this year (1959). It is either a 1/4, 1/2 or 1 pahlavi, depending on the diameter of the coin. As it has been mounted in jewelery, the value will be that of the gold. The damage from mounting takes away any additional collectible value it may have had. The coin is 90% gold, or about 22 karat.
Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits