Coin and Paper Money Collecting/persian gold coin

persian coin
persian coin  

persian coin
persian coin  

I don't know if you know much about this type of coin but I believe it is a 5 pahlavi persian gold coin and I was wondering if this is correct, also any other information you may be able to give me like a date and estimated value would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

It's not a 5 pahlavi, as they were not made this year (1959). It is either a 1/4, 1/2 or 1 pahlavi, depending on the diameter of the coin. As it has been mounted in jewelery, the value will be that of the gold. The damage from mounting takes away any additional collectible value it may have had. The coin is 90% gold, or about 22 karat.
Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).