Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1662 coin or medal

1662 coin or medal
1662 coin or medal  

1662 coin or medal
1662 coin or medal  
I can not find this coin or medal and need help.  It has a date of 1662 and appears to be hammered.

I searched the lettering on the Internet but no results.  Sometimes the language come up Latin, sometimes Portugues, and sometimes Spanish. I cannot find the symbol on the back.

Any suggestions on what it is plus an approximate value?

Hi Lon,
This is a jeton from Antwerp, The Netherlands issued for city treasurer Marcel Librecht. Although it's in very nice condition, these pieces generally don't bring very much despite their age. I have seen European dealers asking 40-60 euros, but action prices wouldn't be more than half of that.
Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).