Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1873 Sitting lady Liberty Coin

1873 Sitting lady Liberty Coin one dollar
1873 Sitting lady Libe  

Just got a question about this old coin I got some time ago it's an 1873 Sitting lady Liberty Coin one dollar

Since I don't live in the State pretty hard to evaluate it at the right price and I was wondering if you can help me with some info (details and estimate) about this coin.

Also I'm attaching some photos with the coin.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the pictures.

After blowing them up and comparing the coin to pictures of a genuine coin, I have doubts about yours being genuine.  There are small discrepancies in the design between yours and a real one.

You can use the CoinFacts page to compare and see all the specs :

As for value, IF yours is real, it will likely be worth US$300 to US$400

You can compare to actual sales on eBay :

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College