Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1966 Lincoln cent struck on 10 cent planchet. "mint error"

I have a 1966 Lincoln cent struck on a 10 cents planchet. I have been trying to find the value of this coin.  It doesn't have any mint mark on it an it is in good shape. The only marks on it is a little  scratch  in the from someone testing  it to see if it was real sliver. The only place that I seen one for sell us ebay an it's going for 1,200. Can you please give me some info. About some websites that show more about information  on coins? Please  an thank you.

Hi Kristi,

Being conservative about your coin grade-wise, assuming it to be in AU (Almost Uncirculated) condition, the Mint Error News website values it at $150 :

Prices on eBay are much higher for certified, gem condition coins, but in my opinion that seller on eBay must be out of his mind!

Here's another 1966 that actually sold on eBay :

and you can see others that have actually sold here :

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College