Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin

Question
Coin
Coin  

Coin
Coin  
I've found a 1876 funf mark coin on a building site the other day it has a magnifing glass inside
So I was just wondering if you would know more about it.
I've not found anything like it online so far
thank you

Answer
Hi Rich,
Interesting item. The coin is a silver 5 marks from the German State of Prussia. I've seen coins crafted into a variety of items, including pocket knife sets, hidden containers, picture frames, etc. This is the first one I've seen made into a magnifying lens. It appears to be well done and high quality. There also appear to be some hallmarks on the edge. An expert on antique silver would be able to identify when/where it was made and perhaps even by who.
As far as value, the coin in it's normal state in this condition would be worth around $30. This cool piece, a dealer should have no problem getting at least $100 for it.
Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits